Adjustment to visa services
To combat the further spreading of the coronavirus, the member states of the EU have decided to impose temporary restrictions on non-essential travel to the European Union.
This measure is imposed for a minimal duration of 30 days and does not apply to EU citizens and citizens of the Schengen Associated States, and their family members.
This means that the Consulate General will no longer accept or treat visa applications for the duration of the measure.
It will not apply to travellers with an essential function or need, including:
- Healthcare professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals
- Frontier workers
- Transport personnel engaged in haulage of goods and other transport staff to the extent necessary
- Diplomats, staff of international organisations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their functions
- Passengers in transit
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons
- Persons in need of international protection or for other humanitarian reasons
Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to Hong Kong or Macau and would like to register with the Consulate General in Hong Kong? Did you lose your passport while you were travelling through Hong Kong or Macau as a tourist? Do you need to request a visa in order to travel to Belgium? Then you’ve come to the right address.
This website will keep you up to date on consular matters that are specifically applicable to Belgians in Hong Kong and Macau, current events in Belgian foreign policy and other useful information or events.