Consulate General of Belgium in Hong Kong


Last updated: 26.04.2022


Traveling to Belgium


Any vaccinated person can travel to Belgium. To qualify, you must have received, since at least 14 days, three doses of a recognized vaccine. Recently, the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines have been added to the list of recognized vaccines. Vaccination certificates from Hong Kong and Macau are accepted. A recovery certificate of less than three months is also recognized. Children under 12 are subject to the same rules as their parents.

For trips to Belgium from EU countries, the Schengen zone and the white list, the obligation of the Passenger Locator Form is removed. Since Hong Kong and Macau are on the EU white list, you no longer have to complete the Passenger Locator Form, and you no longer have to present a PCR test before departure. But beware: some airlines or transit countries continue to require these documents in practice, so it is prudent to check with your airline.

In the EU, the digital COVID certificate is used for travel within the EU borders, among other things. Although we continue to press the Hong Kong and Macau authorities for automatic reciprocal recognition of vaccination certificates, there is still no agreement. Belgians who are resident abroad and who have been vaccinated there with a vaccine recognized by our country can obtain a digital certificate by following this link:

You can consult the rules here:


Traveling to Hong Kong


As from May 1, anyone fully vaccinated can travel to Hong Kong again, including non-residents. For Hong Kong fully vaccinated means having received two doses for at least 14 days. You can find the list of vaccines recognized by Hong Kong here: Children under 12 are subject to the same rules as their parents. Travelers with a recovery certificate only need to show one dose of vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated.

Travelers must be in possession of a 7-day hotel reservation for quarantine, as well as a negative PCR test with an ISO 15189 accredited certificate or authority approval document (3rd party), dated no more than 48 hours before departure of the final flight.  Before departure, you will also need to complete the health declaration which will generate a QR code:

You can consult the rules here:

Useful links
Test centers/laboratories: Testing locations
Interactive map of test centers/laboratories:!/saps
Verbal Note
ISO 15189 Certificate: BELAC (Click here for the Dutch or French version)


Traveling to Macau


Only residents are allowed to enter Macau. An exception exists, however, for residents of mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

On arrival from abroad, a 21-day quarantine applies. If you are arriving from Hong Kong, the quarantine will be 14 days if you have not visited places other than Hong Kong and mainland China in the past 21 days.

A PCR test is required before departure, and a new PCR test would be carried out upon arrival at the airport and the traveler must wait for the result before being able to go to their quarantine hotel.

Anyone over the age of 12 must be able to present a vaccination certificate of at least two doses and dating back at least 14 days.

You can consult the rules here: